Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Will the 99% Please SHUT UP!!!", Cordially, the 1%

Ahem, WILL the 99% PLEASE be silent until we need them again...
My friend, Grumpy, over at www.GrumpyElder.com sent me a link to a post last night intended to give me what President Obama has never given me - HOPE.  Not 'hope' in the bumper sticker sense, but rather, 'hope' as in the, "Please God, if you are there, can't you give us a break - if it wasn't for bad news there wouldn't be ANY news?" sense.

And, the 'Hope', at least for me, came last night at roughly 9:18pm.  Grumpy sent me a link regarding a story I had heard NOTHING about.  A story of Citizenship, a story of courts, a story of possibilities.  You can find it here by clicking the following link:  LIVE FEED FROM THE COURTHOUSE 

Bottom line is that a private citizen in Georgia (images of NASCAR dance through your head) is questioning whether the current President of the United States should have been allowed to RUN for President in the first place.  No, it's not the 'Birther' thing, you can follow the story link and get the details there.  I'm not going to re-write what's already been written. 

So where do I find my 'Hope'?  I decided to do a Google Search to see what else I could find on the story since I had heard nothing about it online or on the nightly news.

Begin Google search sequence now:

   

And then something wonderful happened... 

I followed the 1st link I found and...

Get ready, here it comes...


Two things:

  1. First, someone within the Occupy Wall Street organization posted the link about President Obama's eligibility hearing, and then,
  2. Second, someone else within the Occupy Wall Street's '1%' took away their right to be heard

 Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hypocrites.

Below is an excerpt from the occupywallstreet.org's "Principles of Solidarity":

How many crises does it take?  We are the 99% and we have moved to reclaim our mortgaged future.  Through a direct democratic process, we have come together as individuals and crafted these principles of solidarity, which are points of unity that include but are not limited to:

 ■Engaging in direct and transparent participatory democracy;
 ■Exercising personal and collective responsibility;
 ■Recognizing individuals’ inherent privilege and the influence it has on all interactions;
 ■Empowering one another against all forms of oppression;
 ■Redefining how labor is valued;
 ■The sanctity of individual privacy;
 ■The belief that education is human right; and
 ■Endeavoring to practice and support wide application of open source.

We are daring to imagine a new socio-political and economic alternative that offers greater possibility of equality.  We are consolidating the other proposed principles of solidarity, after which demands will follow.


I took the liberty of highlighting the Principles Violated by the "1 Percenter" who pulled the (DELETED) post down.  Ironic that the people who whine and scream for  a chance to be heard are so quick to silence others, isn't it?

Makes you wonder whose side they're on...


No comments: