Friday, January 20, 2012

Council Bluffs, Iowa - Never been there, I hear it's nice...


Just a quick note of appreciation for the person(s?) checking into the blog on a regular basis.  I don't know who you are, but I wanted to let you know that IF (of course there isn't) a prize for the most consistent MoosRoom visitor existed - you would most likely win.

I don't know who you are, but I sure do appreciate you stopping by from time to time.  While I'm currently running about 150 hits per day, it's nice to see the recurring appearance of "Council Bluffs, Iowa" on the little 'Mappie-Thingie' over there to the right of the screen.  

I've never been there, but I used to work for a company based out of Cedar Falls, Iowa.  Actually got to visit there for training back in the 1980's (when I could run faster and jump higher).  Nice area, even nicer people - we could use more folks from Iowa over here in New York State (although that would be cruel and unusual to the folks from Iowa...).

That's it for now, lunch is over, and I need to be back off to work.  

Have a great weekend!

Mike (A.K.A.:  Moos)  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently found your Blog and I love it! So Council Bluffs, Iowa isn't the only Iowan visiting your page! Keep up the good work!

~Kathy
from S.E. Iowa

Mike's Moosroom said...

Welcome Kathy! Thanks for stopping by, between you and me, that makes at LEAST two of us reading the stuff I write.

With any luck we'll get to four people in the the next year or so... A 100% increase in readership!

Thanks again, Mike

Paul Brosam Jr said...

Thanks Mike for your blog on Council Bluffs. I was born and raised there and left at the age of 18 for the U.S. Army. Council Bluffs is a nice little town and a nice place to grow up asa child. The people are friendly and just good people. I haven't been back home since 2007 and I'd really like to get back there again. I have a sister and son still living there and I have another sister living across the river in Omaha. Thanks again for your comments. PaulB.

Mike's Moosroom said...

Paul,

First, thank you for your service to our country.

Second, if we could export the 'good people' of the midwest all over the Nation we'd have a much friendler country.

Third, always remember to 'go home' to visit. I used to believe that 'Home is where you hang your hat'. Turns out that I was wrong. 'Home' is the place in which you grew up, learned to drive, used to ride your bike faster than the wind, and knew better than the back of your hand. For me it's a little town out on the eastern end of Long Island.

I've lived in a bunch of places since. Haven't actually been able to call any of them 'home' other than my little town in Southold, NY.

Best wishes to you and your family for the upcoming Holiday season. Go home, visit, keep the memories with you until the next time you get back.

Thanks for stopping by,

Mike (Moos) Kane