1. the act of absolving or the state of being absolved; release from guilt, obligation, or punishment
2. (Christianity / Roman Catholic Church) Christianity
a. a formal remission of sin pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
b. the prescribed form of words granting such a remission
It's been almost 24 hours since The Decision by the Supremes.
The initial 'punched-in-the-gut' feeling? While not-gone, it is somewhat diminished.
I thought of putting a few words down yesterday after hearing that the Beast lives as a 'Tax' - but in reality, I needed time. Time to think, to reflect, time to drive to my appointments yesterday with that 'WTF' look frozen on my face.
Yeah, you could say I needed some time.
Comments from friends on FaceBook came (pardon the expression) Fast and Furiously:
"It's about time the Supreme Court got something right."
"Wow, John Roberts is NOT a Racist?"
"A great decision for America!"
And my personal favorite, "OMG, what have they done?"
Yes, responses to the news were as swift as they were varied. The Legislatively-Bought-And-Paid-For-With-Your-Tax-Payer-Dollars, "The Affordable Health Care Act", survived. But, unless you live in a freezer box in an underpass beneath I-95 - you already know this.
As I awoke this morning I knew I had to do something.
Then it came to me...
I needed to offer myself (and, by extension, all of you) absolution. As you know, I'm NO Priest (so it doesn't count towards getting you past Saint Peter's 'Gate') but I'd like you to take the next few minutes to regroup, reorganize, and reset yourself.
- Voted for Hope and Change
- Thought ObamaCare was a 'Good thing'
- Sat back and kept quiet while ObamaCare was being shoved through the House and Senate
- Believed that the unfunded $17 Trillion in ObamaCare projected debt is 'no big deal'
- Wanted your kids to have health coverage until they're 26 because they can't get a job of their own
- Actually believed that YOUR health care would be 'Free'
I forgive you. (But there are still a lot of other folks really crabby with you...)
Better yet, take a moment and forgive yourself.
When ObamaCare is 'locked and loaded' in 2014 you won't have to 'Read the Bill to find out what's in the Bill' because you'll be living, and paying for the Bill...
For the rest of your life.
Chew on THAT for a minute.
Sure, there's a chance that it may get repealed, (there's also a chance that I may grow three inches taller overnight) but when you're busily 'giving things away which other people are paying for', it's hard to turn back this particular cruise missile once it is launched.
So, I offer you the following to assist you in resetting your priorities for the remainder of the day, and the upcoming weekend:
Three boys, several tractors, numerous cows, and a brief moosical interlude called, "I'm Farming and I Grow It"
Why? Because when all is said and done, 52+% of Americans will continue to do what they've done in the past...
- Go to work
- Take care of their families
- Take care of others (by choice, and / or by legislative dictate)
- Hope for a better future for their kids
- Pass their values on to their children
- Succeed, in spite of government's best efforts to make everyone 'equal'
- And, of course, feed their cows...
The challenge, of course, is to turn this legislation back by repealing it - killing it - and otherwise rendering it 'harmless'.
To do this, we'll need to change the make-up of 66% of the branches of the Federal Government.
If you feel better after receiving your 'Absolution' above, please understand that this is a one-shot deal. Effective immediately, everyone of you is responsible for what happens to this Nation.
Because whan you can't count upon the Supreme Court to uphold the Constitution? Yes, you could say that we're on our own.
Generations of rapping farm kids are depending on you.
So are the rest of us.