Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dick, Dick Blumenthal-D, CT

Richard Blumenthal -D, CT has done it again. 

Remember when he told his Constituents that he served in Viet Nam (but no one remembered seeing HIM there?) while he was running for the Senate Seat in Connecticut?

From the Daily Caller:

Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal made what seemed to be a similar misstatement Tuesday, putting himself at the center of the action in the historic 1973 Supreme Court case that legalized abortion,” reports the Connecticut Mirror. “I’m new to the Senate but I’m not new to this battle,” Blumenthal said in his very first Washington press conference.

“Since the days of Roe v. Wade, when I clerked for Justice Blackmun, as a state legislator, as attorney general, I have fought this battle.” The problem with this statement is that Blumenthal clerked for Blackmun a year after he’d written the Roe v. Wade decision.
Normally when I don't know or remember specifics 'for sure' - I keep my trap shut.  Richard Blumenthal takes 'pandering to the audience' to a new level.  He just 'makes stuff up' to fit the event.

Perhaps I should invite him to this year's July 4th celebration in my town?  It'd be great to know who was the 'Coolest Founder' when our Nation was conceived.  Inquiring minds want to know, and I'm pretty sure that Richard was right there with them.  

Come on Dick, give...  Who was was the 'Hippest Founder'?

I'll be right here waiting. 

2 comments:

Fishygal said...

OMG maybe he's the guy that invented the internet.

Mike's Moosroom said...

No Fishy, that was the other... Oh, never mind.