Thursday, October 17, 2013

How to Be Pretty Dam Successful In Washington, DC!

 Mitch McConnell - Pretty dam well pleased with himself

Hey, don't blame me, it's not MY de-fault!

You know that I don't use 'bad language' in my posts, but I'm reminded of the (singular) funny exchange from the otherwise-forgettable 'Vegas Vacation' in which the use of the word 'Dam' is used often as Clark Griswold stands on top of the Great Hoover Dam and...

Flashback sequence begins...





Hoover Dam Guide: "Welcome everyone. I am your dam guide, Arnie. Now I'm about to take you through a fully funtional power plant, so please, no one wander off the dam tour and please take all the dam pictures you want. Now are there any dam questions?"




.

Cousin Eddie: "Yeah, where can I get some damn bait?" 




The answer, after all these years, to Cousin Eddie's question of, "Where can I get some dam bait?" is...



KENTUCKY! (via Washington DC...)

 


Mitch McConnell gets nearly $3 billion for Kentucky dam project in congressional deal


Most experts agree that there were no real winners in the government shutdown debate. And many political forecasters say the brunt of fallout from the debate over the shutdown and the debt ceiling is likely to hurt Republican lawmakers.


However, the nation’s leading Republican senator came out of the deal far from empty handed. That’s because it’s been reported that Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell secured language in the new government funding bill that includes nearly $3 billion for a dam project in his home state of Kentucky.


According to reports, a provision in the funding bill includes $2.918 billion in funding to the Army Corps of Engineers to install locks as part of the Olmsted Dam and Lock Authority Project on the Ohio River.


A recent investigation by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch found that the project has run millions of dollars over budget and should have been completed “years ago.” The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers estimates that the project will not be fully complete until 2024.


...

McConnell faces a Republican primary challenge in his 2014 re-election race from Tea Party candidate Matt Bevin. Recent polls McConnell facing a potentially tight race against his likely Democratic opponent, Allison Lundergan Grimes.
 
.
Will McConnell keep his seat in the Senate?


Frankly Mitchell, I don't give a dam.   

Sorry, you knew it was coming...

While I may not give a, um, you know, in exchange for his support of yesterday's vote in the Senate, apparently some one does care enough to GIVE Mitch funding for a spiffy, bloated, and cost-overrun dam.

And, in turn, he'll turn around and give his voting constituents some cash (which the Federal Government does not have) so they can HAVE a dam of their very own!  

Buh-bye Mitch.  Buh-bye.  

I'd tell you that, "I'll miss you when you're gone..."  

But I haven't lied to you yet, and I'm not going to start today.  

And before I forget, tell John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Bob Corker 'Hi' for me.  

I think they're just 'swell' people too - just like you!!!



Enjoy your new lake with your best buds! 


Dam it...


No comments: