|Okay, this is wrong, but it's|
Okay, so young Obama ate 'dog'.
I've held off commenting on this because I didn't know exactly how to 'go at it'. One one hand, it's a tremendous opportunity to run through a litany of jokes at the expense of the President's pre-puberty culinary choices, as follows (Courtesy of IMAO):
- If a liberal defends Obama’s dog-eating, just say – slowly, and with an honestly-confused look on your face – “yeah… but… Obama. Ate. A. Dog.” Ironically, said liberal will then get angry enough to bite the head off a terrier.
- Obama supposedly ate a dog to gain its powers. Was his goal to lick his own privates, or did he just want to eat cat turds out of a litter box?
- Many Americans are skeptical about whether Obama actually ate a dog, since he has yet to release his original, long-form recipe.
- Some people are demanding that Obama apologize for eating a dog. Others call the notion ridiculous and insist that nothing short of reparations will suffice.
- At a press briefing, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to inquiries on Obama’s dog-eating by saying “it’s just a distraction”, and NOT – as some outlets reported – “a dachshund.”
- The thing that angers liberals most about “Obama ate a dog” jokes is that they don’t make the people who tell them look racist.
- Obama never actually said he ate a dog. He only said he was “introduced to dog meat.” Begging the question, “after the introductions were over, when did he say his goodbyes?”
- Meriwether Lewis (of Lewis and Clark fame) also ate dog. However, historians have yet to discover a single hilarious photo shopped image of him doing so.
On the other hand, I can go after the thing the way I initially reacted to it - with a fair amount of disbelief. Not disbelief that Mitt Romney strapped a carrier to the top of his car, or President Obama chomped on Chomper, but disbelief that with the issues facing the nation today, these are the things which matter?
Let out that obligatory sigh you're holding, and ask yourself: What does matter?
Hmm, do the following matter to you more than 'Dog Wars 2012'?
- Our Economy
- Our National Debt
- Our Kids' Futures
- Our Nation's Future
- Our Constitution
Mediocre minds want to know!
Dogs? Sure, why not? It's nothing compared to how: Barack Obama became the Junior Senator from Illinois by destroying first his Democrat opponents and then his Republican opponent.
They do, however, provide an opportunity for me to think back to when I was in Third Grade and this would have been 'milk-shooting-out-the-nose' hysterical. However, sitting mere weeks away from my third year of the second half of my Century 'birthday'? They just make us look kind of stupid for spending time on them. Yes, this would include me, by extension, for spending time on this.
I'll leave you with these parting thoughts: As you think about the things which are important to you, decide who best represents your values, your beliefs, your vision for the future, and vote for THEM.
If you've been around a while you know I won't be voting against President Obama - but hey, that's just me. You can vote for whomever you like.
Hey, since it's Friday I'll leave you with a bit of music to start off your weekend. Enjoy your time with your family, your friends, and remember to pet your dog. It's better to 'pet' your dog than it is to 'et' your dog.