Friday, September 9, 2011

Catholic Nation: This Is What We Right Wing Extremists Look Like

"You, yeah you, get your hands up - or else!"
DISCLAIMER:  THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, OR THE POPE.  NO RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WERE INJURED IN THE GENERATION OF THIS POST.

One of my FaceBook friends posted the link to a very 'timely' post entitled, "This is what we union thugs look like".  It was an article from Teamster Nation.  

On the same day that 500 International Longshoreman Worker Union members armed with baseball bats break into a security office, take two security guards hostage, dumped a bunch of grain (which didn't belong to them), and vandalize a couple of trains, the nice folks at Teamster Nation posted something which began like this:



Well shoot, if I had known that Albert Einstein was a UNION GUY ?!?!  Shucks, I could have overlooked the whole bat-wielding angry mob taking hostages and busting up stuff 'thing' in Washington State I wrote about earlier today. 

Yes, ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, Albert Einstein has been hijacked and dragged unceremoniously kicking and screaming from his dirt nap by the folks at Teamster Nation... 

WHY?  To make Unions look 'good'. 

The completely incorrect blog post I wrote earlier today:  THE (NOT SO) GREAT GRAIN ROBBERY... 

Shoot, I take it all back.  I was soooooooooo wrong!

Sorry if I offended anyone with my insensitive generalization of Union Members and my implied wanton 'thuggery' over there in the northwest.  I must have been wrong.  You know, after all, Einstein came up with that E=mc2 'thing' - he's cool, right?!?!  Now I'm thinking that unions MUST have the nicest, and smartest people in them!

But then again, just because a couple of unions over the past 60 years had a couple of 'nice / smart guys' in it, does this make all unions 'good'? 

Conversely, does a singular event involving 500 Louisville-Slugger-wielding-hostage-taking ILWU members make all unions 'bad'? 

I mean, you'd have to BE an 'Einstein' yourself to figure out the ratios to compare a couple of good guys over 60 years, vs. 500 men, women, and children running amok with bats earlier today.  Unfortunately, when I last looked, Albert is still not assisting with the math on this one.

My favorite 'Irony Du Jour' is the fact that this site posts the aforementioned 'Einstein' post just before they report the SAME story I discussed earlier today.  Check out their 'Blog Archive' screen shot from this evening. 

They wrote their post about 'Einstein-like-union-members' and THEN posted: 'Whoa Longshoremen mount wildcat strike in Seattle...'

The following is excerpted from THEIR post (which is OBVIOUSLY totally different than my deranged-right-wing-extremist-version of earlier today): 


Hundreds of Longshore workers stormed the Port of Longview, overpowered security guards, damaged rail cars and dumped grain at the center of a labor dispute that has spread to Seattle and Tacoma ports, officials said Thursday.
Six guards were detained for a couple of hours after 500 or more Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack, said Longview Police Chief Jim Duscha.
No one was hurt, and nobody has been arrested. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car at the EGT terminal, he said.

"Hey, is that a bat in your hand, or ya just happy to see the police?!?!"
Mission Accomplished!
No one made a dime today...
Engineer:  "I think I can, I think I can..."
Protester:  " I hope he don't, I hope he don't"
Well, I guess they straightened me out with their cold, hard facts and steely-eyed reporting...

They are the Einsteins they claim to be.

And here I was, co-mingling a bunch of hoods in with the likes of Albert Einstein.  

I have shame.  I must go.  It is all too much to bear. 

I am very sorry to have wasted your time.  

See you in Church.

Perhaps there we'll share a song?


Then again, maybe not...

No comments: