Sunday, September 23, 2012

Theme Music

Drudge Landing Page - 09/23/2012
Yes, I'll 'own up to' adding the two blue 'thought bubbles' above, however, I need to fill in a bit of background information regarding the inspiration for today's post.  (For more detail on the verbiage below the photos above, please click on the image above.  The links below the Drudge Masthead are 'interesting'.) 

So I'm sitting alone, minding my own business on a blue-sky Sunday morning and the FM station I'm listening to tosses the following Neil Diamond standard out across their Frequency Modulated airwaves while I'm reading the Drudge page headlines above...

 
 
This, of course, got me thinking...  Thinking about songs which might sum up the relationship between the American People, President Obama, Congress, the Middle East, and other broken dreams since the 2008 election.

I wonder, which other songs might describe the current relationship between President Obama and the American People?  And once I get thinking, well, let's just say that it's hard to stand on the brakes once THAT begins.  Although, I will admit that it's a bit harder to 'begin thinking' than it used to be...

So in no particular order, I would like to nominate the following songs as theme music for our 2012 National Elections Soundtrack.  As we move through the 45-day homestretch of the November elections, take a moment to sit back, relax, and think about the NEXT four years.

Sing with me now as we take a moosical journey across America under the one, the only, the last, President Barack Obama.

Feel free to comment on your own soundtrack nominations in the Comment Section below (Good, Bad, or Ugly, it's still America, right?  You CAN have an opinion):

 
How many Americans view the Obama Presidency: 
"The Thrill is Gone" B.B. King, Eric Clapton, & Phil Collins




How the Media views the Obama Presidency (with a special guest appearance by Bill Clinton - wearing a 'big hat'!):
"Hosanna", Jesus Christ Superstar




 
How I feel some mornings when thinking about the state of our nation after viewing the morning news: 
"Dance Band On the Titanic", Harry Chapin




 
President Obama, I believe, never met a mirror he didn't like:
"You're So Vain", Carly Simon





ACTUAL Hope and Change (a.k.a.:  "God Bless America Again"):
"In America", Charlie Daniels






My hope for America:
"Won't Get Fooled Again", The Who


So, what do you think?  Comment, and send a link...

Have a nice weekend folks, Monday's coming!

2 comments:

Cory said...

How I feel under the Obama Regime:
Iron Maiden - Powerslave

"Tell me why I have to be a Powerslave? I don't want to die, I'm a man, why can't I live on? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhzVum55PT4

Mike's Moosroom said...

Cory, I don't know the song but I'm going to check it out in a moment. I was never a 'Metal' kind of guy. Will listen / watch the link though. Thanks!