Friday, July 31, 2015

A Tail of Two Cecil(e)s



.
First and last time I'm going to say this.  
.
Yeah, bummer about the lion.  
 .
Having said this, can we spend a moment discussing the difference in bandwidth, which this coverage and another story are getting nationally?  Turn on the television and there's a photo of Cecil licking his paws, lying down, mounting one of his 'wives', and, in general, just doing cute-hey-I'm-not-a-killing-machine I'm doing cute and cuddly 'kitty' stuff.  Next appears a photo showing a despicable man who spends his time scaling gums, scraping tarter, drilling teeth, and tells you constantly to "Rinse and spit" which ended the short, (yet memorable) cuddly kitty life of 'Cecil the Lion'.  
.
Another story cropped up recently which I'm thinking might be a bit MORE worthy of National debate than this, "Lion shooting" obsession in the Media.  Perhaps the one about the folks from the Center for Medical Progress who were negotiating to buy 'virtually unused!' fetal parts from Planned Parenthood?  
 .
Interestingly enough, this story is about another Cecil (well, actually it's 'Cecile' Richards, but I'm leaving the last 'e' off her name because, well, just because I can - it's my post, after all). 
.
I'm guessing any off-hand remarks about 'Mounting THIS Cecile's Head above the mantle' would be inappropriate?
.
Cecile Richards is the President of Planned Parenthood.  This family-friendly (not really) organization offers wonderful services to women, WAY too many for me to type here, but here's what I found on their website, you know, so I won't misrepresent the useful, beneficial, and wonderful work they do for our society:
.

.
Huh, that's weird - when I click the link to find out about the services which Planned Parenthood offers, I'm given three options:  

.
  1. I can make an appointment
  2. I can locate my nearest Planned Parenthood 'Health Center' (they recommend Google Maps) or,
  3. I can send them a 'gift'
.
Odd that their vitally-important services are not listed on their very own http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/planned-parenthood-at-a-glance site, isn't it?
.
I'm sure this is just a normal glitch, perhaps the programmers who built the Planned Parenthood site also built the www.healthcare.gov site?  I dunno, it's possible... 
.
I'm not sure why I would want to send them a gift as it seems that with all the 'charitable donations' they receive from the Federal Government (roughly $500MILLION), large corporations, private parties, charitable trusts and the like, they probably don't need anything from me.  They're looking for money that folds, vs. money that 'clinks' when it falls onto the dresser at the end of the day.  And now that I think about it, I  don't need anything from them.
.
Well, I maybe need one thing from Planned Parenthood:  I need them to just go away. 
.
I believe that they've done enough in setting the tone for our current century.  I found an article last week which states that in 2012 on the lone island of Manhattan, 31,328 African-American women chose to 'end their pregnancies' (humanely, of course, by suctioning, by scraping, or by injecting 'really bad things' into the fetus causing it to, how should I say, 'cease to be').  
.
In contrast, 24,758 African-American women delivered their children during the same period.  Yes, you read this correctly, more African-American women chose to kill their 'fetus' as opposed to allowing them to come to be a bouncing baby boy or girl.
.
Bottom line is that the next time you hear about the 'Bad Dentist and Cecil the Lion', you might want to remember the 56% of Black children aborted by their 'Host' in one city in America in one year.  
.
Worry not, however, because the mission of Planned Parenthood to make sure that YOU are safe to 'choose' what YOU want do with your own body.  
.
Although, perhaps Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, is the one who wanted to ultimately wanted to 'choose' for you?  
.
I leave you here with quotes from Margaret and will allow her to speak for herself because I wish to speak no more about her...  I hope to sleep this evening after all and when I begin thinking about her 'work' I find my sleep thin, restless, and full of images better in a Stephen King novel than in my dreams. 
 .


.
On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born."  Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
.
On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)



.
 On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon  

.
 In Summary:
"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
(Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)    






Planned Parenthood....



.  
The Final Word:  Seriously, not kidding, I AM done posting after this...
.    
 
.   
Ingrid Newkirk, President of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), made a statement to Time Magazine and is quoted, 
.
“If, as has been reported, this dentist and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged.”
.
Apparently the 'Ethical Treatment of Animals' extends ONLY to animals, and not to human beings?  

Hey Ingrid, with a face like that mug you've got, it's no wonder you 'love' things outside your own species...  But hey, what's with all that anger???  Are you still mad because your parents tied a pork chop around your neck to get the dog to play with you?

For more FUN with PETA, check out either of the following links:

"What Exactly, does PETA stand for?" 

"Lettuce Entertain You" 
.   

No comments: