Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cheese Wiz






NOTE TO SELF:  Copyright the 'Mooo-ving' slogan - I've been using it for years and now everybody wants into the act even those Wisconsin Teachers...

But this post isn't about copyright infringement (real or perceived) - this post, as so many which came before, is about a thing that's been bugging me for a while and I need to get it out into the open where it can either dissipate into the ether, or take on a life of its own...  In someone else's head.  

No one is speaking about this 'thing' that I've been thinking about in the mainstream media, no one is speaking about it in DC, and most certainly no one is speaking about it within the NAACP, the AARP, or the National Coalition for the Homeless.   

Here's the 'thing'...

Posted on September 13, 2013 on Afro.com:  Voting Rights Advocates Quietly Mount Challenge to Wis. Voter ID Law


In 2011, the state’s Republican-led (Wisconsin) legislature passed a law that would require voters to present a government-issued ID in order to cast a ballot in local, state and federal elections. The new measure would have counted Wisconsin among nearly three dozen states with voter ID laws, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.  


(Moos Note:  Wouldn't 36 out 50 States requiring an ID be a majority of States wanting to know if voters are citizens / legal / 'living'?  Oops, sorry, better make that 57 States...  But hey, even at Candidate Obama's 57 states (with one more to go!)  Last time I ran the Math, it's still a majority of states which require Voter Identification.  And since President Obama won a majority of US votes in his last election, wouldn't you think we ought to just 'go with it' - you know, 'mob rule' and all?)
...

In May of this year, the (Wisconsin) Fourth District Court of Appeals overturned Niess’ ruling, saying, among other things, that the League "makes no effective argument that, on its face, the [voter ID] requirement makes voting so difficult and inconvenient as to amount to a denial of the right to vote."

...

Republican proponents say such laws protect against voter fraud. But Democrats and other detractors argue there is little evidence of rampant voter fraud to support the need for such changes, but instead, the laws unfairly hinders minorities, the elderly and the poor from participating in elections.


According to evidence submitted to the court, the group said, close to 28,000 African-American and 12,000 Hispanic voters lack a driver’s license or state ID. The numbers equal roughly 16 percent of African-American and 25 percent of Hispanic voters, compared to 10 percent of White voters, who may face difficulty casting a ballot because they lack the required documentation.


 
Okay, so here's the 'thing' that's got me twerking in my seat.  Okay, admittedly, a bad choice of wording, but regardless, I wonder why it is that... 


Liberals / Progressives / Democrats believe that Minorities, the elderly, and the poor are so completely unable to fill out a simple freaking form on their own? 
  
Do Democrat / Liberal / Progressive leaders believe that their constituents are unable to follow BASIC INSTRUCTIONS?  If so, how do they have so many people show up when soliciting constituents to sign up for FREE OBAMAPHONEs, Medicaid Programs, Meal Subsidies, and the vitally important services of Planned Parenthood?

If I were to speak so condescendingly about ANY of these groups, I would be accused of calling them 'stupid', 'incompetent', or, my personal favorite, 'addled'.  And any of these prior descriptors, would of course, be totally inappropriate and completely wrong to utter out loud or online (that's why I'm not personally saying any of them here - I'm only connecting some dots for you folks reading this).

However, if you're a member of the Liberal Progressive Democratic 'club' (theoretically because you CARE more than Conservatives / Independents / Republicans), you are allowed to call members of groups which historically support you: 'stupid', 'shiftless', 'dependent', and 'incompetent' with impunity because you feel that they can't fill out a simple form which will allow them to vote. 

I dunno, but I'm thinking that calling the people who support you, 'bad names', is WRONG.  If I did that, I'd be called a Racist (oops, too late, I already have been called this), a Right Wing Nut (DITTO on this one as well), and a Hater (actually, no one has called me this, but there's after this post, well, we'll just see, won't we?)

According to the folks on the Left, the groups referenced on Afro.com (and no, I'm NOT making the stereotypical website name up, you can check it out for yourself) cannot possibly manage to meet the stringent 'Voter ID Guidelines' in the State of Wisconsin.  

What ARE the stringent (and discriminatory) guidelines required to get a Wisconsin Voter ID as of today?



Applying for an original (first time) ID card


When applying for an original ID card you must visit a DMV service center, complete form MV3004 (Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) application) and provide:

  • Proof of name and date of birth, for example, a certified U.S. birth certificate, valid passport or certificate of naturalization.
  • Proof of identity (usually a document with a signature or photo).
  • Proof of Wisconsin residency.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship, legal permanent resident status, legal conditional resident status or legal temporary visitor status.
  • Your social security number.

Note: If you have held a driver license in the past eight years and now wish to apply for an original ID card, you would only be required to provide proof of identity upon application for your ID card.

 

Yes, you, John / Jane Q. Public can apply for your FREE Wisconsin Voter ID, in person, online, or via US Mail (the same US Mail which USED TO used to deliver those embarrassing and discriminatory Food Stamp vouchers to you before you got those 'slick-as-puppy-snot' electronic 'State Benefits' card versions you use today.  Yes, THAT U.S. Mail.  Oh, and if you're mailing something to the DMV, please remember to include postage, a.k.a.:  a 'Stamp', or it will be returned to you at the corner of Heartbreak Lane and Sing Me the Blues Avenue under the overpass where you live in a Kenmore freezer box with your six children, two dogs and one cold-intolerant Iguana lizard.)


Here's a screen shot of the actual application for voter ID:




All ID cards are FREE (as evidenced by the use of the word FREE twice, used once in each of the first two lines above.  The word is also referenced in Section 4 of the above application in case the person filling out the discriminatory document is afflicted by ADHD as well as any other real, or perceived, mental, or chemical impairments.

This challenging form requires the 'applicant' to provide their Name, Address, Sex (oops, trick question - some unlucky soul WILL undoubtedly answer 'Hardly ever' in that box!), Race, Eye Color (assuming they can afford a mirror to see their own eyes - you know, if they have eyes to actually see themselves with), Hair, Weight, and Height (assuming you can fit a scale into that Kenmore box you're living in).  

This difficult and discriminatory form then goes on to ask other really hard questions such as:


  1. Do you wish to be an organ or tissue donor?  (POSSIBLE RESPONSE:  "Well, if I could afford an 'Organ' OR a box of Kleenex, I wouldn't be Poor, now would I?  I'd have a Driver's License and drive a big ol' Cadillac car!  Sheesh, why am I feeling discriminated against - you a Republican or something!?!?")
  2. OPT OUT - Do you wish to have your name and address withheld from lists WisDOT sells?  (POSSIBLE RESPONSE: "I dunno, will you pay ME to sell my name?  If so, I'm in, if not, I am OUT!!!  I get too much junk mail as it is -- it's falling all out of my Kenmore box and dat Iguana Lizard run away through the opening agin!!!")
  3. Do you have a valid drivers license /identification card from another State / Country?  If yes, list...  (POSSIBLE RESPONSE: "If I could drive, do you think I'd be living in Wisconsin?  I'd be in NY State where everything is FREE - just like this stupid form") 
  4. ID for FREE - I certify that I am a US Citizen will be at least 18 years of age by the enxt election and require a Wisconsin ID for FREE to vote.  (POSSIBLE RESPONSE: "Huh, wha?  You mean this thing is FREE?  I must have missed that earlier...")
  5. I certify that I am a U.S. Citizen  (POSSIBLE RESPONSE: "No, I live in Wisconsin.  I'm a citizen of W-I-S-C-O-N-S-I-N...  What are you, a Conservative or something?")

And on it goes.

Folks on the Left denigrate 'their own' calling them too stupid and incompetent (I mean, seriously WHO could possibly fill out a form as challenging as the one above?) to fill out FREE paperwork and get it to the DMV in Wisconsin while the Conservatives / Independents / and Republicans take heat because we don't 'Care' enough about poor, elderly, and homeless.

I wish I could get a FREE pass to call other people stupid, shiftless, and incompetent, but that would be mean I'd have to slide from Right to Left (and that ain't gonna happen any time soon).

Plus, hey, if I'm anything, I'm NOT mean.  Well, I'm not mean any moo-re.  I like everyone.  I tread on no one.  Live and let live.  

Just one thing, all you Progressive / Liberal / Democrat folks, stop calling other people stupid - I really don't appreciate it.  However, if your constituents keep voting for you (assuming they fill out the FREE FORM) and don't know that you're calling them 'Bad Names' well, you might have a point after all...

But hey, keep your nasty words away from the elderly, because they know better, they've seen your type before, and they can Rap.

Click Link HERE:  Granny Rap



Thanks.

No comments: