Wednesday, February 25, 2015

If An Obama Administration Representative Doesn't Tell a Lie - Does He / She Ever Speak?

"Hey, did you hear that?"
.
Yes, today's post is a variant of the "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?, thing."
.
Robert (feel free to call him 'Bob', 'Bobby', or simply, 'Lyin Bob') McDonald was recently spotted on video speaking to a homeless veteran in Los Angeles, CA.  As the Secretary of Veteran Administration, there is nothing truly remarkable about this - after all, he SHOULD interface with Veterans, both 'homed' and 'homeless'.  Great job Bob, take a bow, you CARE. 
.
Of course there's an itty bitty problem discovered in Bob's filmed conversation with the veteran.  Remarkably, Bob McDonald LIED to the veteran about his (McDonald's) military service.  Yes, it's true, the titular head of the Veteran's Administration LIED to a veteran about what HE did in the service.  
.
Why?  How should I know - I'm in SALES, I learned years ago that when you lie to the people you are supposed to be helping, well, there's just no future in it.  For in the end, the truth will come out, leaving you looking like a stinky, greasy fly-covered paper bag of poop.  And no one, outside of this Administration, will want to have much at all to do with you.   
.
But, as we have learned, LYING when you are representing the Obama Administration is more of a career-enhancer rather than a detriment.  So, what did Bob McDonald say which has gotten him into the spotlight?  Come on Bob, get that hand up and tell the story... 
.
 .
As reported on FoxNews.com (and the Huffington Post - so it MUST be true):
.
Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald on Tuesday apologized for lying about serving in the special operations forces in a conversation with a homeless veteran that was caught on camera earlier this year.
.
McDonald made the claim in January while he was in Los Angeles as part of the VA's effort to locate and house homeless veterans. During the tour, a homeless man told McDonald that he had served in the special operations forces.
.
"Special forces? What years?" McDonald responded. "I was in special forces." The exchange was broadcast on "The CBS Evening News" Jan. 30. McDonald's misstatement was first reported by The Huffington Post.
.
...
.
McDonald, the former chairman, president and CEO of the consumer products giant Procter & Gamble, was selected by President Barack Obama to replace Eric Shinseki, the retired Army general who resigned in disgrace last May following reports of widespread corruption and malfeasance within the VA.
.
The White House said Monday evening that the Obama administration accepted McDonald's explanation.
.
So don't worry your cute little tax-paying head about it, the Obama administration has accepted Bobby Mac's explanation, so he's pretty much 'good to go' as the head of the VA.   Shoot, I'll bet that he's good until HE decides that he wants to lie somewhere else, and get paid for it there, too.  I don't particularly care that he LIES in the private sector running a 'division' of P&G because if I don't like the guy, I can sell my stock in Proctor & Gamble.  In this situation, I can't exactly sell my citizenship to the United States, well, I can't do it 'legally' (although, with all this crazy talk of 'Immigration Reform' there'll be a whole lot of people getting their citizenship in case I decide to put my stock in another country).  
.
All things considered, I do, however, care that you, me, and everyone we know, are paying him to LIE, and that outside of what I write today, that I have no say in the matter (and once the Internet is 'Neutralized', I'll have no say whatsoever).  
.


.
But wait, there's MORE!!!  
 .
During Lyin' Bob's testimony to the House Veteran's Affairs Committee hearing earlier this month, he stated that he 'fired 600 employees' responsible for the VA 'wait time' scandal.  Wow, way to go Bobbie!!!  You rock - thanks for supporting our troops!
.
And then, of course, I found an article online which shed a bit more light on what actually happened:
.
As for the number of employees fired for wait time manipulation, the report that the VA provides to the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs on a weekly basis indicates that, as of February 5, “only 8 people have been fired for actions related to patient scheduling, record manipulation, appointment delays and/or patient deaths. The 8 are part of a total of only 69 proposed or completed disciplinary actions. The report VA provides the committee also includes an additional three senior executives who have been removed, although none of those cases had to do with wait times or patient scheduling,” the Congressional staffer continued. 
.
Sitting in my PJ's this cold February morning I ponder the thought that I had last night when I began typing this...

.

.
Have a nice day, stay warm, and if at all possible, don't get sick.  Remember when the President was pushing the Affordable Care Act and he told us that it would be as efficient and well-run as the Veterans Administration?  I do.  
.
Like I said, don't get sick. 



No comments: