Thursday, January 30, 2014

Forty Below

.
While the title of this post may hint of recent 'Polar Vortex' temperature plunges in North America...  This is NOT the subject of the post.
.
You may be scratching your head and looking at your computer monitor and asking, "Okay, WHAT then?  Come on man, get to the point...  Darn you Moos!"
..
Don't worry, I'll get you there, just walk with me for a couple of minutes.  Be calm and take my hand as we'll going to dark and scary places - but don't be afraid, because there is light up ahead.  
.
You have nothing to fear, we will come back out the other end alive.  Slow your breathing, get your scarf, gloves, wooly hat, bundle up (it's -2 degrees currently and there's a 'Polar Vortex' just outside) and follow me as I take you to discover some...
.
Scary Statistics
.
 
I've noticed some interesting patterns over the past few years that I wanted to share with you today.  What are those patterns, you ask??? 
.
Might it be that people I know seem to look 'older' while I (at least to me) remain frighteningly the 'same' as I did twenty years ago?  No isn't the case, as I wasn't always this 'good-looking'.   
.
Is it that you always run out of toilet paper, napkins, and paper towels all in the same week?  No, that's a joke stolen from George Carlin from back when there WERE words you couldn't say on Television.  
.
Is it that - there is an eerie consistency in the Universe, one which you'd better understand, lest it run you down?
.
Hmm, yup, this might be the one...  
.
Come on, it'll be okay, walk with me now.
.

.
Did you know that...
.
  • 37% Of Americans believe that houses can be haunted
  • 36% of Americans believe in UFO's
  • 32% of Americans believe that Ghosts (spirits of dead people) can come back in certain places/situations
  • 31% of Americans believe that telepathy/communication between minds without using traditional senses
  • 29% of Americans believe in Astrology
  • 26% of Americans believe in Witches
  • 25% of Americans believe in Bigfoot
  • 06% of Americans believe US Astronauts never landed on the moon
.T 
Scared yet?  If not, don't worry, you will be soon enough...
.T 
While the above are kind of scary, the following are truly frightening...

.T
  • 37% of Americans now rate the president’s handling of issues related to economic fairness as good or excellent
  • 33% of Americans believe that more government intervention can close the 'Income Gap' between rich and poor
  • 30% of Americans believe the US is 'heading in the right direction' (Down from 39% one year ago)
  • 29% of Americans believe that more government will make society 'more fair'
  • 28% of Americans believe that State of the Union speeches are important for setting the nation’s agenda for the next year
  • 27% of Americans believe it is better for the president to go around Congress if necessary to accomplish what he feels is important.
  • 24% of Americans 'strongly approve' of President Obama's performance
  • 21% of Americans believe that Congress has the 'consent of the governed'
  • 08% of Americans believe that Congress is doing a good / excellent job

.T

Sources:  Harris Interactive , Gallup , Rasmussen , and  CNN
.T 
Bottom line is that after uncovering the statistics above, I'm thinking that approximately 40% of Americans should not be allowed to operate heavy equipment, drive, or otherwise 'ever leave their homes'...  
.T 
Additionally, about 24% of 'em ought to be sterilized, just like Al Gore thinks they should.  Who would have thought that Al Gore and I would be thinking...  Alike?  
.T 
(The only difference is, of course, that I'm KIDDING.)
.T 
I DO, however, believe that the White House IS haunted by the cold, dead spirits of FDR, LBJ, and Woodrow Wilson.  I also believe that their ideology continues to wash (post-mortem) upon the shores of this Nation as we endure the conclusion of Jimmy Carter's Third Term.  
.T 
Hey, one last thing before I wrap for the day...  Based upon what Michelle Obama wore to the Hate of the Union Speech the other night? 
.T 
I'm pretty sure that she IS a witch.   I'm thinking I saw a dress 'a lot like this one' in Disney's 'The Great and Powerful Oz'...
.T 
 .T 

Oops, sorry, upon further examination, these two dresses are a bit different, and Michelle must have left her hat propped on her broom at the White House for the evening.
.T 


.T 
Only difference is that the Wicked Witch of the West didn't scare me.  Now Michelle, on the other hand, well that's a completely different thing...
.T 
.

No comments: