Saturday, September 19, 2009

Racist I Am

There, I said it out loud at my desk AND am typing it here... "I AM a racist". Is everyone happy now? No, I didn't think so...

Before you jump on the band-wagon and point your bony finger at me, let me ask you this: Are YOU a racist too?

I guess your answer would have to depend upon your definition of the word 'Racist'. According to the Urban Online Dictionary, a RACIST:

"If you're a white man, this is what you are. It doesn't even matter if your wife is black and you have an adopted child from India, or how many black friends you have, somehow you're going to end up being a racist according to how the media portrays the white man as "racist whities".


All of this is funny because the white man is the one that is stereotyped as being racist, which is hypocrisy at its best. It's racist to assume that white men are racists.


If you don't get offended by racial insults, then you're apparently racist too, but an actual racist would get offended by it..."

You can read more by clicking here -- Urban Dictionary

So, using the definition above, I must be defined as a 'racist' because I happen to be (through no fault of my own) a 'White Guy'. Okay, I said that out loud too, at least I'm consistent...

This week I was informed by James Earl Carter that I oppose President Obama's policies because (through no fault of his own) President Obama was born 'non-White' (might that make him 'non-Black' as well? I don't know. "It's above my pay grade...").
Being a purist, you can't actually say that President Obama is 'Black' because, in reality, his Father was Black and his Mother was White. Therefore, using Ex-President Jimmy Carter's logic, if President Obama WERE 100% Black (from a statistical perspective) I would oppose him TWICE as much as I currently do. Personally I can't even conceive of this, but I'll just let it hang there...

So what did President Carter say during his second bout of verbal diarrhea on Wednesday?

"When a radical fringe element of demonstrators and others begin to attack the president of the United States as an animal or as a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler or when they wave signs in the air that said we should have buried Obama with Kennedy, those kinds of things are beyond the bounds," the Democrat who served from 1977-1981 told students at Emory University.

"I think people who are guilty of that kind of personal attack against Obama have been influenced to a major degree by a belief that he should not be president because he happens to be African American."

Unfortunately President Carter got it wrong. I SAW the sign he referenced in his speech to Emory University. I was watching CNN as I wolfed down a couple of burgers at Mickey D's. The sign, as displayed by the CNN reporter, actually read:

"Bury ObamaCare with Kennedy"

Okay, the sign WAS mean-spirited, but it was certainly NOT a call to bury, maim, wound, in-capacitate, or otherwise 'do away with' the President of the United States. How could President Carter get it so wrong? Was it by accident? Or, was the misstatement of the sign by design?

A few months ago, I would have said it was a verbal slip-up, but there seems to be a constant pattern of behavior exhibitted from our Democratic leadership in Washington, DC.

Never wanting to be up-staged by a former President, Nancy Pelosi was quick to pull the spotlight back to herself to add a few personal thoughts (and shed a few tears) regarding America in 2009:

"I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco," Pelosi told reporters, her voice catching in her throat at her weekly press briefing.

Pelosi, though she didn't elaborate on the reference, was alluding to the 1978 murders of Mayor George Moscone and city Supervisor Harvey Milk, a gay rights activist immortalized in a recent movie starring Sean Penn.

Former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White was convicted in the case. He committed suicide in 1985. Pelosi was chairwoman of the Democratic Party for northern California and friendly with Milk and Moscone.

Pelosi said Thursday that while she values free speech, a careful line must be tread between the First Amendment Right and regard for public safety.

If my only sources for news were CNN, MSNBC, NBC, or The Huffington Post, I'd be hunkered down in my house with the blinds drawn.

Think about this: A former President of the United States AND the current Speaker of the House telling Americans that the people who oppose President Obama's plans for health care, deficit spending, and the expansion of government into privately-owned businesses are 'dangerous'. If I read 'just a bit' into Nancy Pelosi's quote above regarding the First Amendment, perhaps we may just have to modify it a bit. You know, for the good of 'Public Safety'...

It's funny (in a tragic and sad way), but I don't remember reading about any TEA Party participants during the march on Washington biting anyone's finger off...

I don't remember reading about anyone getting into a scuffle with law enforcement or being 'beligerent' during the march...

The current administration has a unique perspective on crisis management (we 'Racists' are apparently, the crisis):

They look at 'We the People' as an obstacle in their plan(s) to 're-build' America.

Good. Count me in.

So far they 'get it'. In 2010 they'll get it much more clearly.

In case you're wondering, I opposed President Bush on many of his economic decisions also.

Bottom line is, I guess: I'm still a Racist, because at last glance, I remain a 'White Guy'.

If this should change I'll let you know.

No comments: